This is a notification sent by Amazon to let you know a product you carry has had information on its detail page altered. As an Amazon seller, it is your responsibility to make sure your product is correctly represented by the Amazon detail page, so the customer will receive the exact product they ordered.
These notifications will say “Amazon.com ASIN Change Notification” or “Amazon.com ASIN Merge Notification.” As stated above, these are simply referencing a change has been made to the detail page on Amazon.com. Whenever you get them, you should be diligent in checking the detail page for these changes. Here are some steps you should follow:
1) Read the email thoroughly and note any changes that have been made.
2) Go to the listing on Amazon, review the current listing for those changes.
3) Verify the changes made DO NOT change the overall product qualities.
4) Looking at all aspects (including weight, measurements, etc) verify that your product still matches the detail page, and is what the customer will receive when they order your product.
If your product matches the detail page then you should have no worries. Often times these changes are simply done to give the product a more vibrant title or description, or even giving it exact CubiScan measurements or weight. If those are the case there is absolutely nothing to worry about.
If the product details were changed and it makes the details inaccurate/deceptive to the buyer, then you will need to address that very quickly with Amazon. Here are the steps you should take to make sure you don’t receive a complaint from a customer:
1) Deactivate the listing – change it to Merchant Fulfilled.
2) Create a case with Amazon – detail the problem with the new listing, DO NOT focus on the changes made. Focus on what would actually correct the listing.
3) If Amazon does not correct the listing, DO NOT sell these products on the listing, instead return the products and get a refund OR create a new listing.
The same holds true to incorrect listing merges. You should follow the same steps and hopefully you will be able to get it corrected and the ASIN’s re-separated. If you cannot, you should follow the same deactivation and removal steps.
It is important to say, should you receive these notifications, it is still important to follow up. You should deactivate your listings as, in the instance of returns, you don’t want to sell an incorrect item.
Amazon protects the customer and values the customer experience highly. It is a cardinal sin on Amazon to sell products which do not match the detail pages. I am sure most people have heard the stories about suspended accounts, etc. The best possible thing you can do, in regards to protecting your Amazon account, is to be extremely diligent in following up with these.
Protect your account and make sure you are catching potential issues!
They now accept students a couple times a year to teach them The Wholesale Formula, a blueprint of the exact steps they used to build their multi-million dollar Amazon business.